The former Methodist New Connexion chapel on the north side of Scotland Street in Sheffield at the junction with Furnace Hill consists of the former chapel together with Chapel House and the attached Littlewood Memorial hall
The Chapel is dated 1828 and the hall dated 1896. It is a grade 2 listed building and you can see detail of the listing here.
Its use in 2020 on StreetView is not clear.
Soon after the building’s centenary in 1928 the following inscription on a brass plate was installed in the vestibule of the church.
“This ground has been hallowed to the worship of almighty God from 1864 when the first chapel was built by the Rev T Bryant who left the Mulberry Street Methodist Church. In 1797 it became the mother church of the Methodist New Connexion in the city, the Rev Alexander Kilham being the minister. A Sunday school was founded the same year originally meeting in Hollis Croft, later in Sycamore Street from 1816 in Allen Street.
The Conferences of the Methodist New Connexion were held here in 1797,1802, 1809, 1818,1830 , 1842, 1855.
The present chapel was erected in 1828.
In 1897 the Littlewood Hall, vestries etc were built.
In 1907n by the union of the MNC, BC and UMF churches it became a United Methodist church.
In 1932 by the union with the Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist churches it is now a Methodist church.
Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.”