St Mark’s Methodist New Connexion chapel cost £4000 and was opened in 1905. Two buildings, one of them a Sunday school, were added between 1920 and 1935. In 1940 there was a stone built chapel which seated 450 in pews, two school halls and three other rooms.
The chapel was situated at Boulder Hill on the west side of Dykes Lane south of Hibberd Place
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1004 Sheffield, North Circuit
OS 25 inch Yorkshire CCXCIV.2 1920 and 1935

No Comments
Add a comment about this page