Pitsmoor Road United Methodist Free Church Chapel was built in 1855. The chapel was situated on the west side of Pitsmoor Road on a site extending back to Haywood Street. In 1940 there was a stone and brick built chapel which seated 850 in pews, a school hall and nineteen other rooms.
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 275, Sheffield, Hanover Circuit
White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1879, p. 186
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1004 Sheffield, North Circuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page