Attercliffe Methodist New Connection Chapel was built in Chapel Street in 1836. In 1851 it provided 132 free and 154 other sittings. There was a Sunday schoolroom below the chapel. They were closed when a new chapel was opened in nearby Shortridge Street. The building was later demolished and replaced with residential property.
Sources
J Woolfe, Yorkshire returns of the 1851 census of religious worship, Vol 3 West Riding, South No. 2281 (TNA HO120/508/53)
A Digest of the Minutes, Institutions, Polity, Doctrines, Ordinances and Literature of the Methodist New Connexion,1861 by William Baggally, p 150

No Comments
Add a comment about this page