Hanover United Methodist Free Church was built, to designs by Thomas Simpson, in 1860 at a cost of £5000. In 1879 it provided 1450 sittings and was described as “a noble building”. The chapel was enlarged in 1907.
In 1940 there was a stone-built chapel which seated 1200 in pews, three school halls and eight other rooms.
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 275, Sheffield, Hanover Circuit White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1919-20, p. lx
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1002 Sheffield, Eccleshall Circuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page