We are still an active and thriving Methodist church. The old church was demolished in the early 1980s and we now meet in what was the large Sunday School building. A warm welcome awaits both old and new friends who come to any of our activities.
Photographs of the chapel may be found on this page https://www.myunitedmethodists.org.uk/content/chapels-and-churches/lancashire/bolton-ainsworth-methodist-new-connexion-church-bury-old-road
Chris, A brief history of this chapel can be found by following this link to Waltham Forest Echo. The trowel was probably presented to Mrs Mines on the occasion of laying a foundation stone. The main chapel building was built in 1893, so the presentation in 1902 probably relates to an extension to the original building. Generally people laying a foundation stone made a generous donation towards the cost of the building.
Hull, Holborn Street, Wesley Reform Chapel What became Holborn Street, Wesleyan Reform Chapel was built in 1830 for an Independent congregation. They were still in possession in 1851 when the building provided 298 free and 432other sittings. Sources The Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship, ed. John Woolfe, Vol 1 City of York and the East Riding No. 352 Ordnance Survey 1:1056 plan of Hull, 1853, sheet 12 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)