Bruce Road, Poplar, United Free Methodist Church Chapel, Greater London, formerly Middlesex

Bruce Road UMFC
The Site plan was taken from the OS plan of Middlesex, sheet VIII.41 for 1867and is reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website).

London, Bruce Road United Free Methodist Church Chapel was built of stone between 1867 and 1888. It was situated on the south side of Bruce Road. In 1940 the premises consisted of a chapel which seated 700 in pews, a school hall and six other rooms. The chapel appears to have been closed by 1970


OS 1:1056 Town plan of London VIII.41 1893

The religious census of London, London, MDCCCLXXXVIII, reprinted from the British Weekly (

Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p p270 London, Second


Religious Census of Greater London, 1906

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/4 London Mission, East Circuit

Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation in 1970/


No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.