Nottingham, Sneinton, Campbell Street United Methodist chapel and school

Nottingham, Sneinton, Campbell Street United Methodist chapel and adjoining school were built in 1877. It seated 380 but the construction costs were not known. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of a chapel seating 378 in pews, a school hall and three other rooms.
Sources
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/49 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/920 Nottingham, East Circuit

Comments about this page

  • This was originally a Methodist New Connexion Chapel. The chapel has now been demolished and the site is used as a car park.
    Site visit 19.3.2022

    By Geoffrey Oxley (25/03/2022)
  • By 1901 £7500 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel and a school. A further £280. had been spent on purchasing an organ. The chapel seated 350 and the school 200
    Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Nottingham District, Nottingham Parliament Street Circuit

    By G W Oxley (15/03/2022)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *