Stapleford, Church Walk Methodist New Connexion Chapel was built in 1806 at a cost of £250. It ceased to be a chapel after the new chapel in Nottingham Road was opened in 1883. In 1923 when it was being used for the primary department of the Sunday school it seated 60 on each of two floors. It has not been possible to identify the exact location of this building but it was not the building marked on maps as a school because this did not exist in 1879. It had probably been given up by 1940
Sources
A Digest of the Minutes, Institutions, Polity, Doctrines, Ordinances and Literature of the Methodist New Connexion, by William Baggally, p 150, Nottingham Circuit
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Nottingham District, Stapleford Circuit
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/46 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/929 Long Eaton Circuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page