Ordsall United Methodist Free Church chapel was built of brick in 1854. In 1923 the chapel seated 90. The building costs were unknown. By 1940 the seating accommodation had risen to 120 in pews. There were no other rooms. It had been closed by 1970
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London, Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 274 Sheffield District, Retford Circuit
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/52 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 506, Retford, Grove Street Circuit OS 25 inch Nottinghamshire XIV 4 1884-6
The Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affair, Statistical Returns made 6th December 1970 25.23 Retford Circuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page