Nottingham, Shakespeare Street United Methodist Free Church chapel,
Nottingham, Shakespeare Street United Methodist Church chapel and the school beneath were built of brick in 1854. They were situated on the north side of Shakespeare Street at its junction with Shakespeare Vs. The chapel seated 800 but the cost of construction was unknown in 1923. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel which seated 800 in pews, a school hall and five other rooms. A modern map shows a synagogue on the site.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/51 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/917 Nottingham Central Circuit
Ordnance Survey 1:500 plan of Nottingham, 1880-2, sheet XLII 2.12 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)