Birmingham, Gravelly Hill United Free Methodist Church, Warwickshire
Birmingham, Gravelly Hill United Free Methodist Church was built between 1886 and 1902. It stood in a prominent position on rising ground at the junction of Gravelly Hill and Kingsbury Road. It was built of brick and the footprint shown on maps suggests a fairly complex building. In 1940 it had seating for 470 and there was a schoolroom and three other rooms. It was later closed and demolished to be replaced by a large block of flats called Newchurch Gardens
Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940, No173
25 inch OS for Warwickshire sheet VIII 14, 1886-90. 1902-4. 1938-45.
Site visit 7.8.2019