Bigrigg, Chapel Street United Methodist Free Church Chapel was opened on 28 October 1862. The original building and improvements up to 1923, when it had 120 sittings, had cost £200 for the chapel and £150 for the school. In 1940 it had 150 sittings on pews. The building has since been demolished and the site is occupied by a residential development.
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM2/40
Carlisle Library, 1A287, Methodist Property Statistics 1940
Cumbria Archive Service, Whitehaven YDFCM2/431)
Bulmer’s Directory of Cumberland, 1901, p. 554
Site visit 32.9.2017