Northowram chapel was built before 1861. By 1901 £1200 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel and school. A further £40. had been spent on purchasing an organ. The chapel seated 230 and the school 200. In 1940 the chapel seated 300 in pews. There were two school Halls and five other rooms
Sources
List of the Methodist New Connection Chapels in England, 1861 p 149, Halifax, N & S Circuits
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Halifax North Circuit
Source: John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/576 Halifax West Circuit.
Northowram Ebenezer Methodist New Connexion Chapel
Northowram Ebenezer as shown on Ordnance Survey 25 inch sheet Yorkshire CCXXXI.2 (1893)
'Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland' https://maps.nls.uk/index.html

No Comments
Add a comment about this page