Midgley Methodist New Connection Chapel (ii) was built of brick in 1910 to replace an earlier chapel on the same site. In 1940 there was a chapel which seated 185 in pews, a school hall and five other rooms. In 1979 the chapel seated 75 and the school 87.
Sources
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/489 Barnsley, West Circuit
The Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affairs, Statistical Returns, Part 1, 1972 Returns made 06.01.1970 25/17 Barnsley West Circuit
OS 25 inch Yorkshire CCXLI.4 1904, 1914, 1930
OS SE2714-A, 1960

No Comments
Add a comment about this page