Kegworth Free Methodist Chapel was built on land bought in1864 at an unknown cost. An organ costing £250 had been installed. Tenders were sought for enlarging the building in 1882. The architect for the new work was Renes R Ridgway of Long Eaton. The premises consisted of a chapel seating 400 and a schoolroom.
In 1940 the chapel had seating for 200 persons in pews and there were two schoolrooms but no other rooms
Melton Mowbray mercury and Oakham and Uppingham News, 26.10.1882
Leicestershire Record Office, N/M/207/390 UM property returns, 1924
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 697, Loughborough Circuit