Birstall Free Methodist Chapel was built in 1847. In 1851 it provided 96 free and 24 other sittings. By 1924 it seated 150 and there was a school under the chapel. The cost of the building is unknown. It probably closed when the new Chapel in Wanlip Lane was opened. It has since been demolished and the site is now used as a carpark.
Leicestershire etc. Record Office N/M/179/748 UM special trust schedules, 1924
Site visit 15.9 2018