In 1924 it was reported that the United Methodist (formerly United Methodist Free Church) chapel had purchased some land at an unspecified location. This was probably the site of the chapel built in Wanlip Lane in the course of the next few years. In 1940 this building had seating for 200 on chairs and there was one schoolroom and two other rooms. The floor of the chapel measured 44 feet by 24 feet and there were two transepts 17 feet by 10 feet. There was also a school hall 43 feet by 24 feet, two vestries 10 feet by 8½ feet and a kitchen. This chapel stood on the land now occupied by the Birstall Methodist Centre although it is a moot point whether any part if it was incorporated in this structure.
Leicestershire etc. Record Office N/M/179/749 UM special trust schedules, 1924
John Rylands Library University of Manchester DDPD1Methodist Accommodation returns, 1940/679
Site visit 15.9 2018