Hull, Witham Wesley Reform Chapel

Holborn Street

Hull Witham Wesley reform chapel
Geoffrey Oxley 06-02-1980
Holborn Street Chapel, Hull,
OS 1.1056 Hull Sheet 8 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)

Apart from being identified on maps little is known about Witham Wesley Reform Chapel. It had been closed by 1940 and became a retail outlet

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 Nos 600-608 (Hull Circuits)

Site visits, various times pre 2001

Comments about this page

  • Hull, Holborn Street, Wesley Reform Chapel
    What became Holborn Street, Wesleyan Reform Chapel was built in 1830 for an Independent congregation. They were still in possession in 1851 when the building provided 298 free and 432other sittings.
    Sources
    The Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship, ed. John Woolfe, Vol 1 City of York and the East Riding No. 352
    Ordnance Survey 1:1056 plan of Hull, 1853, sheet 12 reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland (Map images website)

    By Geoffrey Oxley (22/05/2022)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *