Hove Edge Zion United Methodist Free Churches chapel

Brighouse, Hove Edge, Zion UMFC chapel OS 25 inch Yorkshire CCXXXI.11 1888
Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland

Zion Chapel was built of stone in 1882. It was situated on the west side of Spout House Lane opposite Green Lane. In 1940 there was a chapel which seated 230 in pews, a school hall, which seated 264 in 1970, and 10 other rooms. It has since been closed.
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 268, Heckmondwike and Brighouse Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/588 Brighouse A
The Methodist Church Department of Chapel Affairs, Statistical Returns, Part 1, 1972 Returns made 06.01.1970 27/7 Brighouse Circuit
OS 25-inch Yorkshire CCXXXI.11 1888, 1905, 1914, 1931

Comments about this page

  • Hove Edge United Methodist Free Church chapel and school were built in 1882. They cost £1100. The architect was R F Rogerson of Brighouse.
    Building News 5.5.1882 p.539

    By G W Oxley (05/02/2025)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *