Halifax Queens Road, St Andrew's Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Yorkshire

Halifax, Queens Road MNC chapel was situated on the south side of Thirn Tree Street which was a side street off Queens Road. It was built of stone in 1875 to designs by Hill and Swann of 11 Park Square, Leeds. By 1901 £10,489 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel and school. A further £100. had been spent on purchasing an organ. The chapel seated 860 and the school 550. In 1940 The chapel seated 793 in pews. There was a school hall and 15 other rooms.
Sourcees
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Halifax West Circuit
Building News 11.6.1875, p,677; 4.6.1875 p648
0S 25 inch CCXXX.12 1888, 1905, 1914
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 577 Halifax, West Circuit

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *