Hollow Meadows Methodist New Connexion chapel was built before 1879. In 1901 the premises consisted of a chapel. Construction and subsequent enlargements had cost £1000. A further £25 had been spent on an organ or other instrUnited Methodistent. The chapel seated 200. In 1940 there was a stone-built chapel, which seated 136 on forms and one other room.
Sources
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Sheffield District, Sheffield South Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/999 Sheffield, Carver Street Circuit
White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1879, p. 184, West Circuit
White’s Directory of Sheffield, 1919-20, p. lx

No Comments
Add a comment about this page