This is a list of chapels that had been registered by 1867. As registration was not compulsory it appears that it does not represent all the Bible Christian places of worship in Sussex: all those in the Hastings Mission, in the east of the county are missing, for example. As are Nutbourne and Walberton in the west. We have discovered that the official location may not be the same as the name by which the chapel is commonly described.
Unless otherwise stated each of these places of worship is described as a chapel.
The numbers on the list relate to places, and match those on the map. The base map is provided under this licence
Use the search box to find out more about a chapel.
|Brighton, Bedford Street||1||Brighton|
|Easebourne, Upper Street||Preaching Room||3||Midhurst|
|Fernhurst, Providence (Woollavington)||4||Midhurst|
|Fisher, Zion (Pagham parish)||5||Westhampnett|
|West Wittering, Bethesda||7||Westhampnett|