Newcastle under Lyme, Ebenezer Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Staffordshire
Newcastle under Lyme, Ebenezer Methodist New Connexion Chapel was built in 1857-8 to designs by Simpson of Leeds. By 1901 the estate consisted of a chapel, a schoolroom, and two houses. The land buildings and enlargements had cost £8,700 and the organ a further £400. There was seating for 950 in the chapel and for 550 in the schoolroom. The building is now known as Ebebenzer House and is used as offices.
Leicestershire Record Office 16D60/31 Methodist New Connexion /Return of Trust Estates/as presented in / Special Schedules, January 1901
N Pevsner, The buildings of England, Staffordshire, p209
Site visit 15.10.2016