Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton, Methodist New Connexion Chapel, Staffordshire

1 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, facade, 9.10.2016
1 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, facade, 9.10.2016
2 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, interior (ii), 9.10.2016
2 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, interior (ii), 9.10.2016
3 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, notice board, 9.10.2016
3 Dudley, Darby Hand, Netherton MNC Chapel, notice board, 9.10.2016

Darby Hand, Netherton, Methodist New Connexion Chapel was built in 1837. It had probably ceased to be a Methodist place of worship by 1940 since it is absent from the returns compiled in that year. (There were former Primitive and Wesleyan Methodist Chapels in Netherton). The building was removed the Black Country Museum in 1978 and now presents an unrivalled opportunity to examine the interior of a New Connexion chapel. (The rest of the museum is also well worth a visit but that’s another story)

Sources

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson, Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940 No 1086, Dudley Circuit

Site visit 9.10.2016

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *