Warcop Chapel was built in 1844/5 at a cost of £120.In 1851 it had 50 free and 50 other sittings By 1881 it had 80 sittings and a harmonium which had cost £12. The chapel was closed in 1919/20 and the building sold for £100. The members transferred to Sandford.
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/573/2/4 (East Ward Union)
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal WDFCM1/1/4 UMFC special schedule for 1881 relating to chapels, schools, organs, ministers’ houses, etc
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal , Appleby UM Circuit Trust schedule for 1919