Sandford Chapel was built of stone in 1847/8 at a cost of £90. n 1851 it had 54 free and 32 other sittings and standing room for 20. By 1881 it had 70 sittings and a harmonium which had cost £4. In 1940 the chapel contained 50 sittings in pews. In 1991 it had 50 sittings.
The National Archives,1851 ecclesiastical census HO129/573/2/3 (East Ward Union)
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal WDFCM1/1/4 UMFC special schedule for 1881 relating to chapels, schools, organs, minister’ houses, etc.