Appleby Tabernacle United Methodist Free Church, Westmorland
Appleby Tabernacle was built of stone in 1870 at a cost of £800. In 1881 it contained 200 sittings and had an organ which had cost £120. A school was added in 1884 at a cost of £425. In 1924 the chapel seated 300 and the school 300.
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal, WDFCM1/1/4 UMF special schedule for 1881 relating to chapels, schools, organs, ministers’ houses , etc
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal, WDFCM1/1/12 United Methodist Free Church Special trust schedule for 1924