Kirby Thore Chapel was built of brick and stone in 1851 at a cost of £150. The building was settled by the will of the late owner for the use of the Methodist Free Church. If it went out of use it was to revert to the family of the testator. In 1881 it had 120 sittings and a harmonium which had cost £12. There was a school at the side of the chapel which had been erected in 1866 at a cost of £75. The chapel was sold for £350 in 1952-3.
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal WDFCM1/1/4 UMFC special schedule for 1881 relating to chapels, schools, organs, ministers’ houses, etc
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal, WDFCM1/1/12 UM Special trust schedule for 1924
Cumbria Archives Service, Kendal WDFCM7 Synod Minutes, 1937-1974