Colby Chapel was built of brick and stone in 1874 at a cost of £200. In 1881 there were 72 sittings and a harmonium which had cost £8. There were 80 sittings in 1924.
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal WDFCM1/1/4 United Methodist Free Church special schedule for 1881 relating to chapels, schools, organs, ministers’ house , etc
Cumbria Archive Service, Kendal, WDFCM1/1/12 United Methodist Special trust schedule for 1924