This chapel is on the right on Fore Street (just after change of name from Fair street) as you come in from the cemetery.
The United Methodist chapel, Fore street, was erected in 1876, at a cost of £1,000, and is a building of stone in the Gothic style. It sat 250 persons, with a Sunday school attached.
The chapel is clearly marked as United Methodist Chapel on 1888 maps and then is no longer marked as a place of worship. However, it is referred to in modern documents as the Fore Street Methodist and it may have become home to the congregation when they left the Wesleyan (see later) awaiting their new premises, in the late 1970s. It has also been known as “The Old Club” which suggests a social function.
More recently it has been the home to the town Youth Club but was closed temporarily in 2018 for significant renovations by the Council. By 2020 it has been cleaned up a bit and is still in use as the Youth Club