Hucknall, Peveril Street United Methodist Free Church Chapel and connecting school, Nottinghamshire

Hucknall United Methodist Free Church chapel,, facade, 19.3.2022
G.W. Oxley

Hucknall, Peveril Street United Methodist Free Church Chapel and school were built of brick in 1877 at a cost of £605. It seated 320. By 1940 the seating had been reduced to 280. There were two other rooms but no school hall. The premises were unchanged by 1971 but the seating capacity had fallen to 250

Sources

Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/45 United Methodist special trust schedules 1923-4

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/ Nottingham District, Nottingham North Circuit

Nottinghamshire Record Office Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, Nottingham and Derby District, Nottingham North Circuit

 

Comments about this page

  • The chapel closed in 1984 and is now occupied by the Hucknall Boys Amateur Boxing Club
    Sources
    Note in the Record Office Catalogue
    Site visit 19.3.2022

    By G W Oxley (21/03/2022)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *