In 1879 Grimesthorpe United Methodist Free Church chapel provided 200 sittings. By 1940 there was a brick built chapel in Hunsley Street, a school hall and three other rooms. The chapel seated 250 in pews
Sources
John Taylor, The illustrated guide to Sheffield and surrounding district, Sheffield 1879, p. 93 John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1005 Sheffield, North EastCircuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page