Potteries UMFC chapel was built before 1888. It was a rectangular building containing a chapel at the front and a school behind. By 1905 the chapel had been replaced by the Whitwood Mere chapel (qv) and the whole of this building was being used as a school. In 1953 it was occupied by the Clanmuir clothing factory
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 267 Castleford Circuit
OS 25 inch Yorkshire CCXXXIV.11 1888, 1905
OS SE4225NE-B 1965

No Comments
Add a comment about this page