Providence United Methodist Free Church chapel was built of brick before 1898. In 1940 there was a chapel which seated 600 in pews, a school hall and six other rooms. The building was demolished in 1963 to make way for the construction of Trinity Methodist Church (qv)
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 267 Castleford Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/666 Castleford Circuit
www.trinitymethodistcastleford.org.uk
OS Town Plan Yorkshire.11.2 1888
OS 25 inch Yorkshire.11 1888, 1905

No Comments
Add a comment about this page