Bramley Wesley Place/Town Street United Methodist Free Church chapel

Wesley Place/Town Street United Methodist Free Church chapel was built of stone before 1898. In 1940 there was a chapel which seated 400 in pews, a school hall and for other rooms. The chapel had been closed by 1970. The chapel was situated on the southwest side of Town Street at its junction with Hough Lane. There was another building behind the chapel and fronting onto Hough Lane which was described as a library in 1889 and as a Sunday school in 1960
Sources
Free Methodist Manual: London: Andrew Crombie, 1899 p 265 (Bramley, Circuit)
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/663 Farsley, Pudsey and Yeadon Circuit
Trinity Methodist Church, Bramley – Leeds South & West Methodist Circuit
OS 25 inch Yorkshire CCXLII.15, 1889
OS SE2435SE2535-B 1960

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *