Carlton Hill United Methodist Free Church chapel and school were in a single building which was built of brick in 1888 at a cost of £500 plus £40 for a pipe organ. The chapel seated about 200. In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of the chapel which seated 175 on forms, a school hall and one other room.
Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/48 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns