By 1901 £2850 had been spent on the original construction and subsequent enlargement of the chapel and school. A further £250 had been spent on purchasing an organ or other musical instrument. The chapel seated 500 and the school 400. In 1940 there was a brick built chapel which seated 550 in pews, a school hall and four other rooms.
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901 Leeds District, Wakefield Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/667 Wakefield Circuit

Comments about this page
Further information can be found in Paul Dawson’s Wakefield Methodism
Add a comment about this page