Todmorden chapel and school United Methodist Free Church chapel was built in 1873, replacing the Wesleyan Methodist Association chapel . The architect was E. Potts of Clegg Street, Oldham.
In 1940 there was a stone built chapel which seated 1070 in pews, a school hall, and nine other rooms.
Building News 20.12.1872 p.IX
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/235 Todmorden Circuit

Comments about this page
The stones were laid on 8th August 1873. The chapel was designed to seat 1150 adults and 200 children, with a separate Sunday School underneath. the estimated cost was £11,000.
Source: The United Methodist Free Churches Magazine 1873 pp626-628
Add a comment about this page