Mansfield, Nottingham Road United Methodist Church Chapel, Nottinghamshire

Mansfield, Nottingham Road United Methodist Church Chapel was built of stone and brick. in 1913. The building, including the land and the organ cost £10,000 and the chapel seated 850.The associated school which had been built by the United Methodist Free Church in 1851 and seated 450 and a house built in 1864 were in Clarkson Street. In 1924 the school was insured for £1200 and the house for £300. In 1940 the estate consisted of a chapel which seated 750 in pews, three school halls and five other rooms. By 1970 the seating capacity had been reduced to 690. The school seated 144 and there were three other rooms.

Sources

Nottinghamshire Record Office MR3/47 Special trust schedules and related papers c 1923-4

John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/932 Mansfield A Circuit

Statistical returns, 1970, photocopy Nottingham and Derby section at Nottinghamshire Record Office

Mansfield, West Circuit, p 38

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *