We are fortunate in that the deeds of this property have been deposited in the Isle of Wight Record Office.
The Bible Christians took over a 999 year lease on the plot of land on South Street on 28 May 1862 from John Dore, a grocer or mariner. This was duly registered for public religious worship, but so was another property in Paradise Row, Yarmouth also owned by John Dore. Perhaps this was a previous meeting place. As can be seen from the photograph, the chapel was erected in 1862.
The Bible Christians looked to the future and took the opportunity to further register the chapel for marriage in 1869. On 15 December 1900 they bought the property outright.
Despite these high hopes, the chapel closed in the 1940s, and the building was sold on 20 May, 1947. It remains a residential building, but still retains the plaque.
Isle of Wight Record Office 80/1/210, 80/1/212 and 80/1/215
A list of places of meeting for public religious worship certified to the Registrar General to 30 June 1867.