Burbank Street United Methodist Free Church chapel was designed by James Garry, architect and built in 1876. It cost £6000, seated 1160 presons and measured 87ft. by 57ft, It was built of brick with stone facings. The contractors were Mr Oldfield (masonry), Mr H Suggett (brickwork), Mr Coxon (joinery), Mr Seat (ironwork), Messrs Hunter (plumbing), Mr Marshall (painting). A report of the opening stated that “An oval gallery surrounds three sides of the internal space; the pews are all of stained pitch pine and face the platform pulpit; the windows contain stained glass”
Building News 9.8.1876 p,245

No Comments
Add a comment about this page