Shiney Row Wesleyan Methodist Association chapel was built in 1805. In 1851 it provided 428 free and 112 other sittings
Source: The Religious Census of 1851 Northumberland and County Durham, Ed Alan Munden, p.369 (TNA HO129.547.10)
Editorial note. This return is transcribed on The National Archives Discovery catalogue as being for a chapel at Penshaw, and by others as being at Fence Row, Penshaw. The handwritten return is not easy to read, but all Methodist sources, and the Ordnance Survey, locate this chapel at Shiney Row, a colliery settlement within the parish of Penshaw (Painshaw)

No Comments
Add a comment about this page