In 1856 South Durham Street Tabernacle WMA chapel was described as “a large brick building” erected in 1835 and seating 800, In 1851 the chapel provided 244 free and 506 other sittings
Sources:
The Religious Census of 1851 Northumberland and County Durham, Ed Alan Munden, p.450 (TNA HO129.549/35)
Whellan’s Directory of County Durham, 1856, p. 666

No Comments
Add a comment about this page