Broom Park Methodist New Connexion chapel was built between 1861 and 1901, It was situated on the south side of Front Street, backing onto the school.
By 1901 £233 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel A further £10. had been spent on purchasing an organ or other musical instrument. The chapel seated 210.
In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of an iron chapel which seated 200 on forms, a school hall and two other rooms.
Sources
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Newcastle upon Tyne District, Durham Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1058 Brandon and Deerness Valley

No Comments
Add a comment about this page