Bearpark Methodist New Connexion chapel was built in 1874, It was situated among the houses on the south side of Fry Street. By then £189 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel A further £20. had been spent on purchasing an organ or other musical instrument. The chapel seated 150.
In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of a brick chapel which seated 250 in pews and one other room.
Sources
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Newcastle upon Tyne District, Durham Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1058 Brandon and Deerness Valley

No Comments
Add a comment about this page