Brandon Methodist New Connexion chapel was built before 1861.It was situated at the junction of East Stret and West Street. By 1901 £500 had been spent on the original construction and the subsequent enlargement of the chapel A further £80. had been spent on purchasing an organ or other musical instrument. The chapel seated 240.
In 1940 the chapel estate consisted of a brick chapel which seated 250 in pews and one other room.
Sources
Methodist New Connexion: Returns of Trust Estates as presented in Special Schedules, January 1901, Newcastle upon Tyne District, Durham Circuit
List of the Methodist New Connection Chapels in England, 1861 p 149, Durham Circuit
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, MAC Lawson Returns of Accommodation provided by Methodist Chapels and other Preaching Places, 1940/1056 Durham Circuit

No Comments
Add a comment about this page