Northampton Artizan Road Wesleyan Reform Chapel was built in 1885. The land was given by Mrs Whitworth of Dallington Hall. The chapel was designed by H Dyer in the Queen Anne style using brick with stone facings. The main contractors were Green Bros. There was a hall and six classrooms. A service was held at this chapel during the Primitive Methodist Conference in Northampton in 1918. The building was still occupied by the Wesleyan Reformers in 1928 but they had been replaced by a removal and transport service by 1940. Since closure the building has been much altered and painted white, thereby concealing architectural features. It is now in residential use.
Northampton Mercury, 9 May 1885
Northamptonshire Record Office, NMC194, Handbook for the Primitive Methodist Church 1918 Conference
Kelly’s Directories for Northamptonshire, 1928 and 1940
Site visit 3.8.2019