This is a list of chapels that had been registered by 1867. Remember that registration was not compulsory. We have also discovered that the official location may not be the same as the name by which the chapel is commonly described.
Unless otherwise stated each of these places of worship is described as a chapel. They fall into three groups: a cluster around Peterborough, which extended into Huntingdonshire; a chapel in the county town; and a cottage in Croughton, in the rural south-west. This last place of worship was registered by the Wesleyan Reformers, rather than Free Churches.
The numbers on the list relate to places, and match those on the map. The base map is provided under this licence
Use the search box to find out more about a chapel.
|Croughton||A cottage in the occupation of Benjamin Payne||3||Brackley|
|Northampton, Wellingborough Road, Salem||5||Northampton|