Standing on South Street, it opened after Reformers seceded from the Wesleyans in Swineshead.
The chapel, seating 120, had opened by 1854, the year of the visit of James Everett, national campaigner for Wesleyan Reform. In 1857 it joined the United Methodist Free Churches (United Methodist Church from 1907).
Following union in 1932, the chapel was generally referred to as the South Street Methodist, and the ex-Wesleyan as High Street Methodist.
Circuit membership: Boston UMF; Boston UM; and Boston (The Square) Methodist after union in 1932.
Services were still being held up to 1942. It was recorded as closed and sold before 1947.
The building has been demolished.
Sources include
Free Methodist Manual 1899
Methodist Statistical Returns 1940 pub 1947

No Comments
Add a comment about this page